Police in the United States have shown what they believe to be the fragments of one of two incendiary devices which exploded near the finishing line of the Boston marathon on Monday.
Officers say an everyday kitchen pressure cooker was packed not only with explosives but also ball bearings and nails to make it even more lethal.
Investigators now know how, where and when the atrocity occurred, but say they still have no idea about who planted the devices or why.
Source: Euro News
“An intelligence bulletin issued to law enforcement includes a picture of a mangled pressure cooker and a torn black bag that the FBI says were part of a bomb that exploded during the Boston marathon.
The bulletin was obtained by The Associated Press.
Both explosive devices used in the Boston Marathon attack appear to have been placed in metal pressure cookers packed with nails and ball bearings designed to amplify the damage from the explosions, CBS News correspondent Bob Orr reports.” – Read more on CBS News
- Photos of Boston Marathon Bomb Fragments
- Boston Marathon Bombing Aftermath Photos and News Links
- FBI Issues Pleas to Public as Investigation Continues
- Federal Official Says, “Someone knows who did this”
- Runner Describes Being Near Blast
- Medical Crews Describe Trama Encountered
- Photo from Moment of Boston Marathon Explosion
- NYPD Going All Out to Prevent Terror Attacks
- Heroes Emerge from Boston Marathon Tragedy
- Wave of Suspicious Packages Puts Nation on Alert
- Terrorism Expert Says that Bombing Meant to Send Message
- 5 Viral Stories about Boston Bombing that are False
- Across the Nation, Athletes are in Solidarity with Victims
- Timelapse Video Captured at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Boston Marathon Victims Remembered
Boston Police are looking for tips: 617-635-4500 or 1-800-494-TIPS.